Weighing up the benefits of modern implants
At 77 Harley Street, our main aim is to ensure that you end up with the look you were hoping for when you started your exciting and maybe even life-changing transformation into an individual with a perfect smile.
Choosing the right procedure in order to correct your dental issues in the best way can be a task in its-self; so to ensure that you are making the right decision, one of our highly trained and passionate dental professionals will see you for a thorough personalised consultation. By having a consultation with you we can establish which type of dentistry you require. At the Practice, we offer routine hygiene treatments and complex dentistry solutions which include: cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry or preventative dentistry.
One of the most popular dental solutions for many people searching for a perfect smile is dental implants. They are a great way of concealing missing teeth or even a loose denture.
Dental implants are not for everyone so in order to make sure that you are doing the right thing you must ask yourself this simple question: Why am I choosing dental implants and what benefits will they have for me?
Below, you will find some “must know” information about dental implants that has been put together by us, here at 77 Harley Street. We hope after reading this you will be closer towards making your final decision as to whether implants are right for you.
Losing natural teeth can be a difficult and emotional time for many of our patients; especially when they are forced to wear dentures in order to conceal unsightly gaps in their teeth. Wearing dentures or even having gaps in their teeth can lead to many people being afraid to eat as they used to; smile like they would like to and enjoy a better quality of life like the people around them are doing.
If you already wear dentures you may have difficulties keeping them in place. This is a common problem for many denture wearers; especially when they are worn on the lower jaw. Many of you may not even realise that by wearing loose dentures you are causing the jaw bone to shrink, which can also occur with natural tooth loss.
Having dental implants fitted is a fairly quick and simple procedure and not only will you be pleased with the finished result but you will find that everyday activities such as meal times and caring for your teeth will be a more enjoyable process than before.
Here are some important implant facts for you:
- A dental implant is a titanium tooth root.
- Dental implants are currently the closest thing you can get to having your own set of teeth back.
- They look and feel just like normal teeth and just like your original teeth; they will withstand the pressures of chewing.
- They cannot decay which is a blessing in disguise especially for those of you that dread going to the dentist and fear the words “Root Canal” (this is a thing of the past).
- They will maintain the bone that is normally lost when a tooth is removed.
- Implant treatment is usually a 2 stage process.
- It may take as little as 8 weeks for your implant to heal.
- Implants will probably improve your speech and taste.
- Implants will prevent any further reduction of your jaw bone.
- You will no longer have to put up with the inconvenience of denture adhesives.
To take the next step in acquiring your dental implants please contact us on 02075809541.
We look forwards to hearing from you.Google+